May 05, 2011

Temple Blessings

This morning I was up early.  I got my exercise in, my scripture study, my breakfast and felt I was doing good.  Then I went to my facebook account and my day got even better.  I read an incredible blog post by a woman that made my day.  You can read it here

This past week was a struggle for me.  I am the RS President in our ward and one of my counselor's had asked to be released.  So on Tuesday I headed to the Temple to receive the inspiration I needed to know who my next counselor should be.  (Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I believe Heavenly Father will lead and guide us if we strive for His spirit to be with us.) So by going to the Temple I was seeking this guidance.  I had asked the sister that serves as my secretary if she wanted to go with me as we often have gone to the Temple together with our husbands.  So on the way over, she also asked to be released.  What a shock!  And yet as we talked, I knew that this was the right thing for her and her family.  I'm so grateful for the Spirit that leads and guides us.

As I sat in the Celestial room at the Temple I was so blessed to feel the Spirit of our Heavenly Father there.  I knew of His love for me and that He was aware of the struggles I was going through.  I felt a calm assurance that everything would be okay and that it would go according to His will.  That peace and calm that I felt was such a blessing to me.  I was grateful that I had the Temple to go to as a place of refuge from the worldly cares that I had been bogged down by.  I felt renewed and like I could face the world again.  It's wonderful to have these Temple blessings.

No comments: