May 13, 2011

Sisters

This last week has been a little hecktic.  I've been playing catch up because we went to Page, AZ over the weekend and didn't come home until Monday night.  So I missed a day this week, and that means adding to the other days to make up for it. 

So the reason we went to Page was to see my sister and her family.  She moved a little over 2 years ago to Page and boy can I tell you I sure miss her.  It was wonderful to see her and the family.  Her second oldest son just got home from an LDS mission in California and so we went to listen to him speak in their church.  He did a wonderful job and was a great success. 

We had a fun time talking and catching up and I can't wait for her to come up and visit us here in Utah.  She is the kind of sister that has always been there for me.  If I had a problem, she would listen and then she would help me by not fixing everything.  She would let me figure it out - although if I needed she would help fix it.  She's just that kind of sister.  She is a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day!!  She is always positive and happy, so it really makes me feel bad when she is saddened by anything. 

On Sunday after our great visit, her oldest son and his fiance had to leave.  I kinda took this for granted, because I see them all the time.  They come and play games and have dinner at our house and we are able to be with them.  So when they went to leave, it broke my heart to see her hang on him and cry because she wouldn't be seeing him for awhile.  I got tears in my eyes and I wanted to fix this for her ( because that's the kind of sister I am.  I try and fix everything), but knew I couldn't (but I so wanted to).  He is getting married in a little over a month and so she will be coming up to help plan everything out in a couple of weeks and I can't wait.  Maybe it will help lessen the heartache a little for her to see him again. 

We had a wonderful weekend and I miss my sister.  I was blessed with 2 beautiful sisters who are wonderful women that I am grateful to have them in my life.  I can count on them for anything.  They are better than best friends, because they are always there, no matter what!  I am grateful and truly blessed!!  And I have to say SISTERS ARE THE GREATEST EVER!!!!

No comments: