January 17, 2013

Fun Times and Changing Times

So for the last couple of days I've been able to spend some special time with this little guy!
It has been a fun time being with this little guy.  We live a ways away from him and so I don't get to spend too much time with him.  He has been such a joy.  He has been such a happy baby, and he's growing so incredibly fast.  It has been a blessing having him in our family.  He's a great little sleeper and such a joy.

On the other hand, we found out tonight that changes are happening on the work front.  I have been doing loan processing for a company out of Roy, Utah.  My boss came over today and told us that we will be making changes and that I will now be working for him, through another company.  I hope that this makes things easier.  One thing I will say for my boss,  he went to bat for all of his loan officers so that none of us would lose our jobs.  What a great guy.  I will write more when I find out how this will impact me.

And last but not least, tonight I made an incredible recipe.  It's called Roasted Cauliflower and Mushroom Soup.  Even my husband ate 2 bowls of it.  And he's not a mushroom soup guy.  So I guess the recipe is a keeper.  I got it from this website here.  It was easy to make and made the house smell so good.  Here is the recipe I hope you enjoy!

Creamy Roasted Cauliflower and Mushroom Soup

Ingredients
  • 1 head of cauliflower, cut into pieces
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil
  • 2-3 pieces of bacon (optional)
  • 2 tbsp bacon grease, butter or coconut oil
  • 1/4-1/2 cup white onion, diced
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tsp fresh thyme or 3 tsp dried
  • 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • 3 cups homemade chicken broth (or canned) 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk 2 tbsp grass-fed butter (optional) sea salt and pepper

Cooking Steps

Place the pieces of cauliflower in a bowl and coat with the 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Place single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast at 400 for 25-30 minutes
Cook the bacon in a skillet, reserve the grease, cut the bacon into pieces and set aside
Place the bacon grease, coconut oil or butter in a large sauce pan with the onion. Saute the onions until slightly browned
Add the garlic, thyme and mushrooms. Saute until the mushrooms are tender, about 5-10 minutes
Add the white wine and de-glaze the pan
Add the chicken broth and cauliflower and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer for 5 minutes
Place the soup, coconut milk and optional butter in a food processor or blender and combine until desired consistency
Salt and pepper to taste
Sprinkle the bacon pieces on top (optional)


No comments: