January 15, 2013

Confessions ~ Taking Control of Life

Oh, I can't believe we're already half way through the month of January and I'm having to confess that I need to get back on the wagon. 

During the holidays I went off my Primal diet figuring that it wouldn't be that hard getting back on after.  Oh how wrong I was!!  I have struggled trying to get back off sugar since then. I can't believe how addicted I am to the stuff.  I had my husband hide the chocolate covered asai berries that were in my food storage and I've tried to throw out the other goodies in the house.  I do okay for a day, but then I get the headaches (dye off symptoms) and my heck I give right back in.  Yesterday I even searched the house for chocolate chips.  I felt so like a child and out of control of my life.  So as of this moment I am taking my life back and will not go back. 

I felt so good prior to the holidays.  I lost 15 pounds.  My sinuses were clear.  My skin looked beautiful and I felt good.  I had energy.  Now I'm reduced to a slug-type existence and I refuse to live like this anymore.  I want to be happy and healthy and feel wonderful.  I may not be model thin, but I can live with that as long as I have energy and know that the things I'm putting in my body are healthy and won't hurt me any longer. 

On a better note, I have been using coconut oil as my moisturizer.  I've made my own oil cleanser and my skin is looking good.  I am even going to try to make my own mascara later this week.  I will post later if this works. 

Have a wonderful week and remember ~ It's a beautiful day, life is good!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Diet and exercise are getting the best of me...I am so grumpy about it.

I started working out on Monday, and today I can barely walk...

This time WE will succeed, right?