December 10, 2011

My Life Gone Crazy

This past week, my life has taken a crazy turn.  A couple of weeks ago here in Utah we had a horrible wind storm.  It wreaked havoc for many people, damaging their homes.  

My son owns a roofing company called Cornaby Brothers Roofing.  His brother lived in Arizona and was thinking about doing some work for his brother down there.  Well, when this storm hit our son moved back from Arizona to help his brother here.  After a week I got a call asking if I would help them out and do their scheduling and answering phones as they were both extremely busy and couldn't keep up.  So I told them I'd love to be a part of their world. 


Not only am I now processing loans for a mortgage company (Summit Lending Associates), I am doing secretarial work for Cornaby Brothers Roofing.  So I have gone from a very part-time job to doing a job and a half.  The processing work has been picking up also and soon I expect I'll be working more like two pretty busy jobs.  Needless to say I really need to get my act together and get very organized.  And one of my goals doing this job is to answer the phone with a smile so that people know that we really care and are here to help.

The first day I took phone calls for my son; I'd be on a call and I'd get 2 while I was on that one.  There are so many people who's lives have been touched by this.  Granted there are many people out there scamming and trying to take advantage of people and that makes my heart ache.  But then there are great people like my son's out doing whatever it takes to get roofs back over the heads of people at a minimal cost.  I'm proud to be a part of my son's team.  It will be a challenge for awhile, but it will be so worth the effort. I'm glad we can make a difference in the lives of people.  That is what this season is all about!!

No comments: