August 19, 2011

My Oh My

Goodness gracious!! I tell you it has been a frantic couple of weeks.  I finally got my mlo license and started working and I forgot what it's like to do that full-time.  With the economy going south and interest rates dropping like a rock we have been totally overloaded, and I love it!  I thought I'd like it when I began, but I so love doing this.  It's alot of fun.  And, I've been blessed with a sweet daughter that is so willing to help around the house.  So it didn't even go to the dogs while I've been working.  As time goes by I hope I can get better organized so that I have some more time to spend with my family and not so much time in front  of the computer screen and reading files.  But until then I know I have help and that's a wonderful feeling.

So my sweet daughter that has been helping around the house had another accident this week.  She has started soccer at the High School.  She's the varsity girl's soccer goalie and loves every minute of it.  At her game on Tuesday night she had defended against a PK (Penalty Kick) and had done a good job.  She was then diving for the rebound when a player on the opposing team kicked her in the head.  She was kicked on the same side where she had a concussion with 5 small bleeds last year.  Needless to say, she was knocked out for a minute and we were a bit worried. I took her to the doctor today and he said she can begin playing again on the 30th of this month.  He wanted to make sure that she didn't play for at least 2 weeks.  I've also ordered her soccer head gear.  Hopefully this will help ensure that something like this won't happen again, or at least if it does that it won't cause further head trauma.  We feel blessed that it wasn't worse that it was. 

So that is how my last few weeks have been spent.  I will try and blog more often so that at least I have a record of how my life is flying by!!

2 comments:

Kristanne C. Willden said...

Sounds like you are keeping super busy. Hope you love the new job. It is really helpful and nice when your kids help you. Makae has been great this week with helping to unpack. I am so glad Hannah is okay. She does need to be careful.. Sports are great - but certainly not worth lifelong injuries. I am so grateful for your friendship. It is amazing how time flies. It doesn't seem that long ago that Hannah was bearing her testimony and telling us all of the things that happened in your home. I loved that. Bet you did too!! lol.

Amber said...

Congratulations on finally passing those tests! So sorry to hear about Hannah. I am glad that she will be able to play though. Hope everything continues to go well.