October 18, 2013

Bitter-Sweet Days

We all have them in our lives, those bitter-sweet days.  This last Wednesday was one.  We took our daughter to the Provo MTC where she left to serve the Lord in spreading His Gospel to the lucky people of Tallahassee Florida.


I've done this two times before with my sons.  But this time was a bit different.  This was my daughter and not only that she is my baby.  So I had a little bit of a hard time sending her on her way.  I know she will do well, but when I was holding her in my arms saying good-bye knowing I won't see her for 18 months was hard.  I've been doing so many things with her for so long I just had a hard time knowing I now have to start doing my own thing on my own.  She really made my life fun.  But knowing that this is where she wants to be and knowing how much it will do for her I couldn't not be happy for her.  She was so excited!

The rest of the day my sweet husband and I spent together.  We drove up around the Alpine Loop and it was beautiful.


We spent time shopping at the Outlets at Traverse Mountain, and that was fun.  My husband let me spoil him a bit.  I even got some earrings for myself.  We then walked through Cabela's which we've not done before.  We went to dinner and then decided to go to a pre-season Jazz game.  We stayed pretty busy so that we wouldn't have to go home and miss our daughter.







It's weird walking past her room where everything is all just the same.  My husband cleaned out her car today so we can sell it.  I found an earring she lost and couldn't find.  So life is moving forward and I can't wait to get our first email from her to know she is doing well (which I'm sure she is).  This will take some time getting used to, but by the time she gets home I think it will probably be strange having her back home.

We sure love our sweet girl.  I miss her dearly, but wouldn't ask her to be doing anything different than what she is doing right now!  She is amazing and will be a fantastic missionary.  She has a strong testimony and a burning desire to share it.  I'm so proud of her!!

No comments: