November 29, 2011

Gearing Up for Christmas

Picture by Liz Lemon Swindle
I know the title suggests that I am not really ready.  And to tell you the truth, shopping wise I haven't even started.  However, spiritually I am so totally ready for Christmas.  I love that Christmas is all about the birth of our Savior, His life and the gift He has so freely give us.  I am so truly blessed and love that at this time of year I can show my gratitude to Him in serving others in a more focused way.  I guess that is why I'm not really in a panic about all of the shopping and commercialization.  I know the gift buying will happen and I really do enjoy that part too.  But for me it's more about the gift of giving that I really like to focus on. 

We will put our Christmas decorations up this Saturday as a family.  We've already started enjoying all of the Christmas music that we've accumulated over the years and then we will plan how and who we will be serving this year.  We will begin the baking and making and I can't wait!  I love the feelings that come with celebrating the birth and life of my Savior!
Picture by Liz Lemon Swindle


1 comment:

Kristanne C. Willden said...

I love these pictures. I feel very much the same way. In fact this year we are focusing on homemade gifts. Things they want but a little more personal. And we always have our gifts to Jesus each day this month. It certainly makes the season more spiritual. We always make candy, but instead of it just being one more thing to accomplish, it is our gift to Jesus, because it brings so much pleasure to those we share it with. It puts a whole new perspective on things. Hopes your season is great!