October 04, 2011

My First Quilt

Here in the small town where my daughter attends High School, they have a tradition.  It is for the senior girls on the Girl's Soccer team.  They have a recognition dinner at the end of the season and honor the seniors.  It is fun and Hannah has looked forward to it since the beginning of the season.  At that dinner the girls are given a quilt by their moms.  A lot of the time it is a black, red and white quilt (the colors of the school).  However when I asked my daughter what she wanted, she stated that she didn't want it the colors of the school because then it wouldn't match her room when she went to college.  (She's so logical!)  So knowing my daughter I began gathering bright materials.  Here is the start of it.  I will put borders on it and a bright back and show those pictures later.  But today I finished sewing the last block of squares on it and I'm so excited I had to post.  I can't wait to see her face when she sees it.  I really hope she loves it!!

It really hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be.  I used the technique of the disappearing 9 that I learned here.  It has gone pretty fast.  I have really only had to sew about 4 days on it to get it to this point.

No comments: