June 15, 2011

Service to Others

The last couple of weeks have been really crazy in our neck of the woods.  We've had 3 people die this past week and our ward has been done 2 of the funerals.  We had a salad social with about 30 sisters and tomorrow I am baking 12 dozen cookies for Father's day!  But as I came home from doing the luncheon for the funeral we had today, I couldn't help but feel like we've lifted the burden off of the family's shoulders and it makes me feel like I accomplished something great!  No, I didn't do it alone and have so many to Thank!!  We have wonderful people in our ward that are always so wonderful to donate food and help in the kitchen.   We had people even offer to help in the kitchen that hadn't been asked to do so. 

As I reflected on what has been done in our ward, I couldn't help but think that this is how our Heavenly Father wants us to be, serving others!  It helps us to get outside of ourselves and also helps us to make new friends and visit with old friends as we work together. 

Yes, it's been a bit hectic, but so well worth every minute!!!

2 comments:

It all began here said...

Sounds like a perfect day. So happy for good sisters and friends.

Love and blessings!

Unknown said...

Thank you for reminding me how good it does feel when you take time out of our schedules to do service!