March 15, 2011

Waiting, Patiently Waiting!

I think the title says it all.  We are patiently waiting.  It's long and hard, but nothing like what Maddi will be doing soon.  However, I must say that I think the wait is harder for the grandma than even for the mom.  At least she is able to enjoy feeling that little one still wiggle inside and know that all is well.  While the rest of us are on pins and needles waiting.  Don't get me wrong.  I know that in your 9th month you are very ready to have that child.  But as a grandparent you can't wait to see that sweet little child and know that someone else is responsible for it.  Not that you wouldn't do everything you could for it, but this time it's different.  You get to love and spoil it and just find the joy in it that you were too busy to see when you were raising your own.  And now you get to see how your daughter does as a mom!  I'm sure I will be proud.  Maddi will be a great mom!

I never thought about how it affected others, this child birth thing.  Now I know.  Isn't it funny how we get a new perspective at different stages in our lives.  Again, I must say I have gained a greater appreciation for both my mom and my mother-in-law.  They were always fantastic when I had my babies.  And I hope I can be as good a grandma as they were and have been.  They were always willing to help out in times of need.

I hope this anticipation ends soon and that we get to meet this sweet little girl quickly.  I think this is harder than waiting for Christmas morning when you're a kid!  I'm so excited!  It will be so fun to watch her grow and learn and become the wonderful person she is destined to be!  This is going to be wonderful!

1 comment:

It all began here said...

what a blessing this little baby will be to you. I can tell you that having Madden around is so sweet. I have learned to really appreciate him. I could care less if the house was clean or the laundry folded. That can wait for another day.

How do we teach our daughters this?

Keep me posted.

Love You
Deb