March 17, 2011

Growing Old Gracefully?

Okay, I have a confession to make.  I have this thing about hair.  Since the day I got married, I can't seem to find a hair style that I want to stay with.  I will have it cut in one style and then about 3 months later I have to change it again.  The only time that this schedule differs is perhaps when I cut it too short and have to grow it out so that I can cut it again in a different cute style.  I drive my husband nuts!  Anywho, now that I'm getting close to the big 50, not only am I changing the cut, but I'm changing the color quite a bit.  I get so bored with just the same old thing.  And, I've found these 2 new friends Clairol and Revlon.  They are great.  They make my life easier and funner.  If I do by chance find a color of their's that I like, the next time I go to the store, I can't seem to find it again.  Thus the cycle continues. 

On Saturday, I was coloring my hair, because my hubby was in Salt Lake and I had plenty of me time.  I got all of the color in and had waited the appropriate amount of time - well, I went over by 30 minutes because I was on facebook.  But I figured that it would be well dyed by now.  So I hopped in the shower and got ready for the day.  Next thing I know after drying my newly dyed hair - I have skunk hair!  The front 1/3 was one color and the rest was a totally different color.  It wasn't a pretty sight.  I wasn't really happy with Revlon at this point, so luckily I had Clairol.  I again put the color on, doing the back 2/3 and leaving it on for 10 minutes and then added the rest to the front and waited another 20 minutes.  It turned out good.  I finally didn't have skunk hair. 

I also have another new friend - her name is Jamie.  She's a wiz at doing my hair.  So yesterday she added blond and caramel highlights to my already twice dyed hair.  (I wondered if I would feel like the little girl in the old Tony's Perm adds, where she's sitting on a tree stump crying with her hair in a friz ball), but no I'm finally feeling normal.  I will however need to do a couple of hot oil treatments to get the dryness under control from Saturday's fiasco.  Jamie also did a cute Spring hair cut and I'm ready to go for another few weeks before the need to change hits again!  Oh, if only I could grow old gracefully - but no, I guess I'll be fighting it all the way!  It's an adventure!

No comments: