December 08, 2013

Sunday

My youngest daughter, Hannah is serving a LDS mission in Tallahassee Florida.  I have to say that this experience has been much, much different than when our sons served their missions.  I was so ready for our son's to go and teach the Gospel of Jesus Christ to those that were seeking for a change in their lives.  I thought I was ready for Hannah to leave and also teach.  However, this time it has been so much harder.  Maybe it's because she is the baby of the family.  Maybe it's because she's my daughter instead of a son.  Does that make a difference?  I don't know.   All I do know is that it has been so much harder having her gone.  Maybe it's because she and I used to do so much together.  She was always my sidekick.  She was 6 years younger than my other children, so when they moved out and went on their way, she was still here at home and doing things with me.

Even though it has been hard, I know she is where she needs to be at this time.  She is loving the experiences she is having.  I think she will come back so much stronger in her own convictions and I know that her testimony of her Savior will definitely be stronger.

Hannah is loving learning about new people and places.  She loves the food and has been shocked at the attitudes toward Mormons (The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints) that are out there in the world away from her sheltered home.

As you can tell, I am missing her today, as usual, Sunday's are worse than any other day of the week for me.  I think it's because I have time on my hands to contemplate what has happened during the week and I have time to really read over her letter.

I love my family and am so grateful for them.  They afford me so many opportunities to serve and to love them.  I'm grateful for the blessings that they are in my life!  I have been greatly blessed!

No comments: