April 01, 2012

Gratitude To My Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ

This weekend is a special weekend for those who are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or Mormons. We get to listen to our Prophet and learn what our Heavenly Father desires for us, that we can better our lives and one day return again to Him.

I am grateful to a Loving Heavenly Father that continues to speak to a living Prophet in our day and time, to help me understand His will. For His direction in my life. I am grateful to have a testimony of this. To know that my Heavenly Father hears and answers my prayers. That He has a plan for me. That He is aware of me and my struggles in this life and that He loves me as his child. That He wants me to return to Him.

As a parent I think it is easier to understand His love and concern for me, as I have love and concern for my children. I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He is my Lord and Savior. I am grateful for His loving atonement. He has made it possible to return to my Father in Heaven through His love and sacrafice if I will only repent and live the life that He asks me to live. I do try to live a life that my Savior would be proud of. I know there are many times that I fall way short of this, but each day is a new opportunity to try again. For this I am grateful.

I love conference weekend! I am grateful for the opportunity to have the teachings of Jesus Christ in my life!

No comments: