April 22, 2012

Bedroom Project

For the past few days, I've been working on a project that I've wanted to do for awhile now. But everytime I wanted to start it, something came up from the holidays to a daughter having surgery. So I finally took the time to do this project and I'm so glad I did. I needed to do something that I've wanted to do. I've felt like I haven't been too productive lately. So here is what I started with.
This is the wall that I painted when we first moved into our house a couple of years ago. I guess I was going through a dark time, because I hated this wall shortly after, but didn't find the time to change it until now. So here are the steps that I took to create my new wall.
I started by priming over the red and then started with a blue wall. I glazed over that with tan.
Then I added a light blue.
At this point I felt like I needed some depth. So I added black to the original blue color and painted that on, which really looked like a dark gray, but it gave me the depth that I wanted.
I then added a celeron color. At that point I felt like I'd ruined the wall. But once a few years ago when I was working on another wall, I told my husband, "don't judge a wall until it's finished."
That is the attitude I should have taken. I then softened the wall by adding more light blue again. I finished by washing the wall with the original color and here is the end result.
I like this top picture the best because it really shows the blues. This has lightened my room a great deal. My husband even likes it.
So my next project is a dresser. I will be posting pictures as soon as I get it done and show the whole effect. It's so nice to check this project off my list!! ;0)

2 comments:

It all began here said...

Beautiful! Miss you

Logan said...

I like the finished product! lets see the dresser!!