March 25, 2012

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggittey-jog

This weekend was a fast one. We dropped our youngest daughter off at the airport (I thought I was going to die). She went to Iowa on her own (It was so hard and I worried so much). It was her first time traveling alone. She had been invited to go and check out a commuity college. They want her to play soccer. She's a wonderful goalie.

Anywho - after we dropped her off, my sweetie and I headed to St. George (Utah).

My sweetie was sick all the way down (6 hours) and then when we got there for the rest of the night. He was way better on Saturday. So we crammed everything in on Saturday. We did some shopping, we went to the movies, we walked and talked and had a wonderful time. It was fast - way too fast!!

So this morning (Sunday) we headed home because we had to pick our daughter up back at the airport. She had a wonderful time and now has to make some life-long decisions. We will be praying for her and also giving her information that will hopefully help out. It is her decision to make and we will support her in whatever she decides to do. We love her and are so proud of her accomplishments so far in her life. She's really a wonderful kid!! So stay tuned and we will let you know what she decides and where she will be off to for college!!

This letting children go is the hardest part. Once they've been on their own for awhile I do okay, but this first part is really hard for me, but this is life and what we as parents do!! I love my kids and am blessed with such good ones as well as a supportive husband! It doesn't get any better than this!!

2 comments:

Angela said...

We lived in Iowa for 3 years prior to this move and loved it. I would love to hear where she is looking! The church members are fabulous out there. Keep us posted!

Ivey League Mama said...

I can't even let myself start to think about those days of letting go! Ack! I know she will feel your love and prayer and make wise decisions.

P.S. Love the new look!