February 13, 2012

Update!

My oldest daughter has been here for 3 weeks recovering from back surgery. We've also had our granddaughter here. Let me tell you, I can appreciate the fact that young women have children. It has taken me 3 weeks to finally get into a rhythm. Getting up with a 10-mo-old has not been as easy as I thought it would be. But it has been a blast! I have had so much fun with this little one! She is learning to crawl and teething and being such a sweet little angle.

It has also given me time with my oldest daughter that I will always cherish. Before she got married and had her little girl, she wanted to be independent and always wanted to be off on her own. She and I have been able to talk and spend precious time together. She is healing and getting better and I know the time will be short before she is back on her own doing her own thing with her family. But for now I am enjoying each and every minute of these two that I can.

My youngest daughter has been offered a full-ride scholarship in Iowa at Iowa Lakes Community College playing soccer for them. She has decided to take it and so I am going to take advantage of every minute I have with her too! Time flys way too fast and before you know it all of my girls will be off on their own. As a mom it's both gratifying and a little sad. You love to see your children become successful, but I truly miss them when they are gone.

I am a blessed mom and grandma!!

2 comments:

Kristanne C. Willden said...

I am so glad you have this time with them. They do grow fast and boy you miss it. Congratulations to your second daughter. That is great. You are such a good example of taking what could be a trial and turning it into a blessing.

Unknown said...

Enjoy this time. It sounds wonderful. Praying for a speedy recovery for your daughter.