January 22, 2012

My Girls

This past week my youngest daughter had to get her wisdom teeth out.  Her top teeth were right up against her sinuses, so we had to have them taken out by an Oral Surgeon.  He was so good.  He had those babies out in 20 minutes.  So she has been down the past couple of days.  And as her mom it is my obligation to spoil her while she's down. 


This week, my oldest daughter will be having back surgery.  The day before Christmas she obliterated a disk in her back (that's what her MRI report said).  She finally went to a neurosurgeon last week and he had an MRI done and wanted to get her right in.  She had been on Ibuprofen and so had to wait a week for the surgery.  So this week she will have that done and will be living with us again so we can help take care of the baby while she recovers.  The doctors said she has to be down to 2 weeks and then 6 weeks on low-to-moderate activity.  Again, as her mom this let's me spoil.  I'm sad that both of the girls had to go through these procedures, but I'm so happy that I can spoil them again.  It isn't very often I get to do this anymore and I've missed it.
I also get to spoil my grandbaby while she's here.  I think that is the part I look forward to the most.  I love my girls and fell blessed to be their mom and grandma!!

1 comment:

Kristanne C. Willden said...

How fun for you. Hope the surgery goes well for Maddie. The pictures are beautiful. Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate them.